Sunday, August 8, 2010

Carnival






Carnival: You should experience it exactly once.



Natalie


My first experience was in Argentina, over 20 years ago. I was introduced to this tradition by the water bombs that flew out of a school bus and hit me squarely on the back of the head as I rode my bike through the streets of Tandil. I should have learned my lesson. But, as you can see, I did not.

Last year's Parade theme: Respect da troupe!


This years parade theme:"NO-BOD-EE MOOOOOOOOVE!


Undoubtedly my favorite moment of the parade....watching the trusty librarian getting her groove on.

This guy did a very special dance just for me.
I don't know what they are doing, but that concrete has to hurt!

My second experience was also my third, fourth and fifth at the same time. The parade, which was a total of 4 "floats" circled around the island for about 3 hours. Two days in a row. I went to see it on Saturday. Then on Sunday, I went to say goodbye to a friend at the airport, and got caught in it my fourth. After an hour or so, I thought It was all over. But the parade circled around and trapped me in a parking space at the airport, so I saw it again.




I just wanted to show you that there is a Hummer on this tiny island.










I should have been walking with this group. I, too, am a carnival survivor





More videos will appear later today....keep posted....

2 comments:

  1. librarian getting her groove on. . . . .was priceless.

    Man, things are going to seem so BORING to you back here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete